Soooo, after a sleepless night, a caffeine overload to keep me awake, and revison it’s safe to say that my mind has been possessed by the exam evils. Tomorrow I have the first of six exams and although I’ve spent all my time hermitted at home revising, the anxiety will not shift!
BUT… I have a few tips for the millions of other students taking any exams or just for people who suffer from anxiety in general:
- Revise as much as you physically and mentally can because as long as you know you’ve done the prep, you won’t worry about the harder effort you could’ve made.
- If your worries are keeping you up at night, drink a herbal tea, write down what you’re worried about. To each worry think of a positive way to prevent it/ a positive outcome. E.G. “What if I fail?” + “ive done the best I could’ve done, so if I do fail it’s not because I didn’t try.”
- Exercise to get those endorphins going! (Walk, run, dance, whatever suits you!)
- Talk to your friends, 99.9% chance you’re not alone in feeling this way!
- Reduce your caffeine intake- it stimulates anxiety.
- Deep and slow breathes if you feel like you’re going to have a panic attack.
- Have a more positive attitude, YOU CAN DO THIS!
I hope this helps at least one person who’s suffering from the exam blues the next month or two as these methods make a huge difference to me!
Good luck everybody 💖